The Beacon Hill Farm is now home to four new chicks. You know, lose one gain FOUR! The math gets better every time. Who are these new ladies??
- Chick #1 – Blue Silkie
- Chick # 2 – Golden Laced Wyandotte
- Chick # 3 – Black Copper Maran
- Chick # 4 – Barred Rock
We need some help naming the new girls (Hung’s Hen Harem) and I need some more blog and Etsy store traffic – so naturally we have going to a peep stakes! Not for cash, but some prizes and bragging rights.
Prizes – if you live locally, a dozen eggs and some honey. If you live afar, some honey and jar of plum butter – since I can mail without as much risk of incident.
Here’s how to win -
- Put on your thinking hats (round up your kiddos and co-workers too!
From now until March 23th, comment on this blog post with your suggested names for each of the four girls. If a name is for a particular girl, just refer to her profile number.
- If you share this blog on your facebook page or sign up to follow, you get double stamps and your suggested name will fall into favor with the judges.
- Keep the names clean, not hurtful, stupid sh*ff will be deleted
- Examples: Little, Poopsy, Frieda, Lit, Imelda, Ann Wilson, Karen Carpenter, Basil, Parsnip, Nguyen, Virginia, Blue Devil, Zag, Clementine
- Suggested names will be posted on Odds and Hens Facebook page for voting starting March 24th, running through March 31st. Winners will be announced thereafter.
- Don’t like to chance the odds, if you purchase at my Etsy store, you automatically get to name one chick, no voting required. Yes, I am that tricky.
You can review our current and past Creature names for perspective on this Farm Overview. Remember, this is just for fun, I make the rules (which I am sure violate others) and ultimately chose the winners. You benefit with eternal bragging rights, dibs on eggs and some honey to sweeten the deal.