In the March 20th Case of bánh tráng-ing anything, would the jury with please direct their attention to Exhibit 1: Spicy Korean Pork Bánh Tráng.
Still not the most outrageous thing to be rolled up in a tapioca rice wrapper but does cross some international borders. For detailed instructions and tutorial on wrapping with rice paper please visit this blog post.
- Pre-marinated spicy Korean pork (I buy this en-mass at Korean grocery stores and freeze in meal size portions)
- Herbs (e.g. basil, mint, cilantro)
- Bean sprouts
- Apple or pineapples
- Noodles (if you want)
- Banh trang
- Nuc mum (fish sauce for dipping)
- Sky’s the limit, add some kimchi if you are feeling randy
- Cook spicy pork. I like to broil on a tinfoil lined pan, so that there are some burnt crunchy bits and clean up is a breeze
- Roll it up!
Any Bánh Tráng adventures to share?